Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Perfect love casts out fear

"Perfect love casts out fear." I used to be scared. My biggest fear was I would worry about whether or not people liked me. What they thought about me. Whether they really wanted to be my friend. I was always so careful of what I said or did. I couldn't love extravagantly because I was always afraid that they wouldn't love me back. It took time to overcome that fear. I was always afraid of giving everything because I was afraid of being hurt. Over time, I realized that I couldn't live like that. I prayed daily for the Lord to give me His heart. I prayed that He would remove my fear. I prayed tat He would give me an overflow of His love. And I still do. And He does. I no longer have fear of rejection, because I know I will always be rejected sometime or another. As a Christian, I will always be hated, despised, rejected. But I know I always have a home in Jesus. I know He is always there waiting for me with open arms. So I don't have to be afraid. "Perfect love casts out fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment