Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all these things will be added to you. This is my testimony.

 This verse is true. This is my testimony.

Last year, my sophomore year, I was going through a really rough time in my life. Long story short, I had disconnected my heart from God and put other things first: my friends, money, my future, etc. I started worrying about what my friends thought about me, about how much money I had, about what my future would look like. I began turning to my friends whenever I felt depressed, which was quite often seeing as God wasn't first in my life anymore. But then something strange happened, and even though it sucked, it was beautiful: God drew me into a lonely time. A time where no matter how hard I tried, I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel my friend's love for me, or even His love for me. I didn't really care about my life, or my future...... but I knew something was missing. And He stayed there. Right beside me, but... distant..... He never left my side, but He knew that I needed to know that. I started to hunger for something, something deeper, something real, something living. I could no longer turn to my friends, or anything else of this world, and partly out of desperation, partly out of need, I turned to God. I raced toward Him, not knowing what would happen, not knowing what people would, think, but not really caring. God, in His infinite wisdom, knew that He could not keep pursuing me if I kept ignoring Him. So He waited until I realized that I needed Him. He held me and never let me go. It took some time to destroy the depression that had seemed to dominate my life. But in time, I fell in love with him again, and He restored to me peace, joy, hope and love. Oh how I desperately needed these things. I needed His peace which surpasses all understanding, I needed His joy instead of my depression and fear, I needed His hope for my future, and I needed His love for Him and my friends. He refilled me with passion. He restored my life. And He was the number one in my life. I put Him above everything else. I turned to Him no matter what. I laid my requests before God, and I cast my cares on Him. Finally, I was able to feel again. To sense the love that came from my friends, and ultimately from Him. I have HOPE for my future. I have PEACE through stressful times. I have JOY in the darkness. I have LOVE for my friends, family and my SAVIOR. I sought God FIRST, and all these things were added to me. THE BIBLE IS REAL! THE BIBLE IS TRUE! THE BIBLE IS HOLY! Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and ALL these things WILL BE ADDED TO YOU!!

This verse is true. This is my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment